n but isnt expected to return to

für alle themen die nichts mit bikecom zu tun haben

n but isnt expected to return to

Beitragvon lw789 » 25.08.2018 06:46

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko simply scoffed when he was asked to summarize in a paragraph Monday nights wild 7-6 victory over the Kansas City Royals. "I dont know if a paragraph is enough," he said. Well, first came the five-run lead that the Royals established in the first inning. Then a frantic comeback by Chicago, capped by Konerkos two-run homer. And finally, clutch pitching by relievers Scott Downs and Jake Petricka to save the series-opening win. All in a nice, tidy paragraph. "We got behind big early, like a lot of games here in the past," Konerko said. "But guys started taking pride in their at-bats and we started to chip away." Alexei Ramirez homered and drove in four runs, and Dayan Viciedo went deep before Konerko -- starting in place of injured slugger Jose Abreu -- hit his go-ahead homer in the fifth. Zach Putnam (2-0) worked two shutout innings in relief of Scott Carroll, and Ronald Belisario also threw two scoreless innings before Downs and Petricka bailed out Matt Lindstrom. Lindstrom, normally the White Sox closer, gave up a leadoff single to Nori Aoki in the ninth, then appeared to step awkwardly fielding a sacrifice bunt by Alcides Escobar that resulted in an error. Downs entered and struck out Eric Hosmer, and then Petricka picked off pinch-runner Jarrod Dyson at second base before getting Billy Butler on a groundout for his first save. "The bullpen was great. They just continue to shine," said White Sox manager Robin Ventura, who was still awaiting word after the game on the severity of Lindstroms right ankle injury. "It didnt look good," he said. Jason Vargas (4-2) squandered the rare five-run lead the Royals pop-gun offence gave him. He allowed all seven White Sox runs in 4 2-3 innings, his shortest outing of the season. "I dont get too mad about a lot of things, but given a five-run lead in the first inning and coughing it up halfway through the fifth inning -- thats not good enough to get it done," he said. Carroll, who grew up just north of Kauffman Stadium in Liberty, had a rude homecoming for the White Sox. He allowed the first five batters he faced to reach base, failed to get an out on his first 30 pitches and trailed 5-0 by the second inning. "I was making good pitches," he said, "and they were just finding holes." The White Sox got three runs back in the third, when Ramirez hit a 2-2 pitch for his sixth homer, matching his total from last year. They got another back in the fourth, when Viciedo sent a 1-2 pitch over the wall to make it 5-4. Kansas City scraped out a run in the bottom half on Hosmers RBI single, but the White Sox completed their comeback during a messy fifth inning that ended with Vargas on the bench. It began with a single by Adam Eaton and another by Gordon Beckham, who was thrown out trying to reach second. Ramirez made it 6-5 with a groundout, but apparently thought he was safe as he was tagged sliding past the bag. Replays showed he missed the base by about 2 feet. It turned out to be a moot point. Adam Dunn walked moments later, and Konerko followed with Chicagos third homer in three innings, a two-run shot that gave the White Sox the lead. That was it for Vargas, who had been on a roll coming into the game. He won his previous two starts and held high-powered Colorado to two runs in a 3-2 victory his last time out. "Its just a tough one," Butler said. "We had that big first and then we tacked on a run and Konerko hits a home run to put them ahead. You feel like at that point, thats not going to win the game, that there is going to be more scoring. Give their bullpen credit, they came in and did a great job." NOTES: Abreu had an MRI that revealed no structural damage. Ventura characterized it as "good news." ... Royals LHP Bruce Chen (bulging disk) and White Sox LHP Chris Sale (left flexor muscle strain) plan to throw bullpen sessions Tuesday. ... Royals C Salvador Perez left in the eighth inning with a jammed right hand. Hes expected to miss a couple days. ... RHP Yordano Ventura starts for Kansas City on Tuesday night. RHP Andre Rienzo pitches for Chicago. Youth Rashaan Evans Jersey .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys .S. -- Carl-Antoine Delisle snapped a tie in the third period with his second goal of the game to lead the Tigres past Cape Breton 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Wednesday as Victoriaville won its eighth in a row. http://www.cheaptitansjerseyselite.com/. - Henrik Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar each had two goals and two assists as the Edmonton Oil Kings secured top spot in the Eastern Conference by defeating the host Red Deer Rebels 7-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Wholesale Titans Jerseys . The 23-year-old McNabb was an All-Star with the American Hockey Leagues Rochester Americans this season, posting seven goals and 22 assists in 38 games. In 12 games with the Sabres this season, McNabb has accumulated six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating. He has scored one goal and seven assists in 37 career games with the Sabres, who originally selected him in the third round (66th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. Cheap Titans Jerseys . Pospisil, the seventh seed, saved match points in each of the last two sets before falling to the unseeded Dutchman. "I wasnt very happy with the way I was playing,"said Pospisil.Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito lashed out at teammate Jonathan Martin on Twitter Wednesday, saying "The truth is going to bury you and your entire camp. You could have told the truth the entire time." Incognito also wrote Martin told him he thought about committing suicide because he wasnt playing well. "FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasnt playing well. Told me he felt worthless," Incognito said on Twitter. Incognitos series of tweets directed at Martin and his representatives come as the NFL is preparing to release a report on the Dolphins bullying case which could help clarify their much-publicized relationship. Martin previously said he was harassed daily by Incognito and other teammates. He alleged their racial, aggressive and sexually charged comments played a role in his departure from the team on Oct. 28. Incognito recently finished serving a three-month suspension but isnt expected to return to Miami. He took aim at Martins agent Kenneth Zuckerman from Priority Sports, on Wednesday, accusing him of releasing information to the media. "What do you have to say for your actions? Why did you release the VM. What was your goal?" Incognito wrote on Twitter. Zuckerman said in a brief telephone interview with The Associated Press that he didnt want to respond to Incognitos comments, except to say, "The only thing I would say is Ill let Jason La Canforas tweet speak for itself.ddddddddddddquot; After Incognitos Twitter rant, La Canfora, who works for CBS Sports and broke the story on the text messages exchanged between the teammates, said on Twitter that Zuckerman "had nothing to do with my reporting." Zuckerman declined to answer other questions about the case. Incognito also wrote on Twitter: "the truth will set me free. I cant say the same about Jon Martin. The truth is what hes hiding from." Incognitos final tweet referred all questions to his attorney Mark Schamel, who did not return phone calls to the AP. Martin abruptly left the Dolphins last October and was hospitalized. He underwent counselling for emotional issues. Incognito was suspended Nov. 3, causing him to miss his final eight games. The NFL report, which is headed up by Ted Wells, is expected to be released and could help shed some light on what role Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and his staff, as well as the front office, had in the case. The concern is whether or not Incognito was ordered to toughen up Martin, who struggled after earning a starting job in 2012 as a rookie. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '
lw789
Freerider

Zurück zu off-topic